Craig Hartley makes unexpected juxtapositions, including Bach with a Miles Davis overlay, and a John Lennon with a Bill Evans backdrop, on his new album, 'Books on Tape Vol. II — Standard Edition.'
The Craig Hartley Chamber Ensemble rocked the event with classic and contemporary tunes, while the stylish crowd — including DJs, models and photographers — mixed and mingled
Pianist Craig Hartley's debut — Books On Tape, Vol. 1 (Self Produced, 2013) — focused on autobiographically-based originals, with only a single cover in the mix.
"... the brilliant second volume of his Books On Tape."
Not your everyday collection of jazz standards.
Featured interview in Musica Jazz (Italy)
Featured interview in ONYGO (Germany)
Featured interview in So Trendy (French)
Top Ten New Release Placement
- #1 — Dave Haney (Cadence Magazine)
- #5 — Steve Greenlee (JazzTimes)
- #7 — on Ted Gioia (How to Listen to Jazz)
- #6 — Slim [Kara Rusch] (Slim's Spins, The Slim & Him Show)
- #7 — on Scott Albin (Amazon.com)
- #8 — on Michael Coyle (The Slim & Him Show WRCU)